Couchbase and PalominoDB Announce Partnership to Support NoSQL Database Implementations
October 23, 2012
NoSQL Leader and Database Consultancy Team Up, Provide Operational Support for Migration from Relational to Document-Oriented Database Model
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA and SANTA CLARA, CA — October 23, 2012 — Couchbase, the leading NoSQL database company, and PalominoDB, a preeminent database operations and engineering consultancy, today announced a partnership. Working together, the companies will provide enhanced support services for the migration from a relational data model to Couchbase Server, accelerating the success of companies’ NoSQL database deployments.
- Couchbase and Palomino are partnering to provide more operational support to companies implementing NoSQL technology.
- The partnership is designed to help companies get up and running as quickly as possible when migrating from a relational to a document-oriented database.
- With expertise in open source database technologies, Palomino’s professional services division will provide server implementation and support services, including overall architecture evaluation through migration and 24x7 on-call support for production environments.
- “We’re excited to be partnering with Palomino and working with them to help our customers build high-performing, serious web applications that easily scale. Palomino’s commitment to delivering operational excellence – including ensuring a good technology “fit” for each customer’s requirements – provides valuable third-party validation for those considering a move to Couchbase Server, and helps them make that transition as smooth as possible.” – Bob Wiederhold, CEO of Couchbase
- “As we work with companies of all sizes exploring options for scaling their database environments, we have been impressed by the performance and reliability of Couchbase Server. We are very pleased to be partnering with Couchbase to bring this solution to our own customers, and to assist companies considering Couchbase with the implementation and support they need.” - Laine Campbell, founder and principal, PalominoDB
About Couchbase Server
Couchbase Server NoSQL database technology is optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications. Web application developers and operators rely on Couchbase Server for:
- Easy Scalability: It’s easy to scale the data tier with Couchbase Server without any interruption or change to an application. With one click of a button, users can expand a cluster up to hundreds of servers, automatically keeping the workload evenly distributed among them.
- Consistent High Performance: With consistent sub-millisecond response time, Couchbase Server helps ensure a positive experience for application users. Couchbase Server’s high throughput means fewer servers are required to serve growing numbers of application users.
- Always-on Availability:Couchbase Server’s high availability features means applications are always online, 24x365. Whether upgrading the database, system software or hardware – or recovering from a disaster – Couchbase Server allows you to do so with zero downtime.
- Flexible Data Model: As a NoSQL database, Couchbase Server eliminates the need to create and manage schemas, dramatically reducing the complexity and time required when making changes to an application.
Couchbase's mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world's first Engagement Database to help deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer and employee experiences. Built with the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform was architected on top of an open source foundation for the massively interactive enterprise. Our geo-distributed Engagement Database provides unmatched developer agility and manageability, as well as unparalleled performance at any scale, from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase in news and press
How can we help you?
All fields must be filled out unless marked (optional)