NoSQL Leader Engages Open Source Professional Services Company to Provide Design, Development, and Migration Services
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA and DURHAM, NC — March 4, 2013— Couchbase, a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, and Open Software Integrators (OSI), the open source professional services company with specialties in the area of Big Data, enterprise and Internet scalability, today announced a partnership agreement. Through the agreement, OSI will offer consulting, software development, training, and architectural solutions for Couchbase Server, augmenting Couchbase’s ability to meet growing customer demand for its flagship document-oriented NoSQL database.
- Couchbase and OSI are partnering to provide services to companies implementing Couchbase Server NoSQL database technology.
- The partnership is designed to help companies get up and running as quickly as possible with Couchbase Server, whether they are moving from a relational data model to a document-oriented database or starting out with a NoSQL open source solution for the first time.
- Specific OSI offerings include:
- Migration services to help companies move from their existing relational database solution to Couchbase NoSQL database technology
- Migration services to switch from an existing NoSQL solution to Couchbase
- Architectural services for modeling and developing apps using Couchbase Server as the document-oriented data store
- “We’re thrilled to be partnering with OSI, leveraging their extensive NoSQL and open source expertise to better serve our growing customer base, particularly those who are making the transition from relational database technology to the more flexible document-oriented data model. Working together, we can help our joint customers accelerate their adoption of Couchbase Server and its easy scalability, consistent high performance and always-on data availability.” – Bob Wiederhold, CEO and President, Couchbase
- “As time has passed it has been a pleasure getting to know the great people behind Couchbase and their powerful technology. When I work with CIOs and CTOs figuring out how to scale their existing infrastructure Couchbase is often an appealing right fit. I am excited about this partnership and working even more closely with our friends at Couchbase.” – Andrew C. Oliver, President, Open Software Integrators
Additional Online Resources
- Download Couchbase Server 2.0
- Learn more about the Couchbase Open Source Project
- Discover the OSI blog
- Follow @Couchbase on Twitter
- Like Couchbase on Facebook
About Couchbase Open Source Project
The Couchbase Open Source Project is a leading NoSQL database project, with a vibrant community focused on developing distributed database technology that supports both key-value and document-oriented use cases. All Couchbase technology components are available under the Apache 2.0 License, and may also be obtained as packaged software from Couchbase, Inc. in both enterprise and community editions.
About Open Software Integrators
Open Software Integrators (OSI) provides consulting services to partners and customers. Their consultants solve a variety of challenges that span technical, pre-sales, performance, and architectural issues. They represent our premier vendors and work with our direct clients both on and off site as needed. OSI offers support for significant logistical, capital, technical and training investment with specialties in the area of enterprise and Internet scalability. OSI has offices in Durham and Chicago. http://www.osintegrators.com/
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible, and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.