Operate at Any Scale
Couchbase Server enables enterprises to scale easily, efficiently and reliably, from a few nodes to hundreds, with "push button" simplicity.
- Scale easily by adding more nodes (there is only one type) and clicking "rebalance", data is automatically partitioned
- Scale reliably with a shared-nothing architecture and no single point of failure
Learn more about distributed data in the Developer Portal.
Couchbase Server implements core database functions (query, index, and read-write) as services that adminstrators enable or disable per node. By enabling different services on different nodes, administrators can scale a single service instead of the whole database.
- Scale efficiently: by allocating different resources to different services
- Scale precisely: by increasing the capacity of a specific service
Learn more about Multi-Dimensional Scaling in the Developer Portal.
Couchbase Server enables enterprises to meet high performance requirements with a memory-centric, asynchronous architecture that can support millions of concurrent users.
- Read data at the speed of memory by leveraging integrated caching to read some or all data from memory
- Write data at the speed of memory with asynchronous replication, persistence, and indexing
- Perform durable writes while maintaining performance by enabling synchronous, memory-to-memory replication
- Maintain query performance at scale by creating memory-optimized, covering, and/or global secondary indexes
- Provide consistent performance by separating workloads (query, index, and read-write) to eliminate contention
Learn more about managed caching in the Developer Portal.
Couchbase Server enables enterprises to avoid downtime and maintain high availability 24x7 with replication, automatic failover, and online operations.
- Provide high availability by enabling streaming, memory-to-memory replication and automatic failover
- Tolerate hardware failure by replicating data to multiple racks, data centers, or cloud availability zones
- Avoid downtime by performing all maintenance operations online - including backups, upgrades, and scaling
- Recover faster by restoring data from incremental and/or cumulative backups with multiple, concurrent streams
Learn more about high availability and disaster recovery in the Developer Portal.
Couchbase Server enables enterprises to leverage infrastructure in multiple locations to improve performance, increase availability, and support disaster recovery.
- Distribute data globally by managing it in a central location and replicating it to remote locations
- Aggregate global data by having all remote locations replicate data to a central location
- Improve performance with bidirectional replication enabling applications to read and write to the closest data center
- Reduce bandwidth costs with filtered replication to limit what data is replicated and specify where
- Leverage hybrid cloud infrastructure: by replicating data between private data centers and public clouds
Learn more about cross data center replication (XDCR) in the Developer Portal.
Couchbase Server enables enterprises to efficiently manage and monitor deployments with an integrated admin UI and automated tasks optimized for scale.
- Reduce admin overhead: with "push button" operations that simplify and automate complex tasks
- Simplify management: of deployments, both small and large, with a complete, integrated admin UI
- Accurately monitor: every aspect of the database with 200+ metrics on node and cluster operations
- Monitor and profile active and completed queries to identify and diagnose performance issues
- Automate admin tasks: by using the CLI and REST APIs for deployment, configuration, and management
Learn more about administration in the Developer Portal.
Couchbase Server enables enterprises to deploy in secure environments that require authentication, auditing, and encrypted communication.
- Secure network access: by encrypting application and administrative requests with managed certificates (SSL/TLS)
- Secure data access: by configuring and requiring client authentication
- Manage administrators: by connecting to an LDAP repository for centralized identity management
- Monitor administrators: by enabling auditing to keep of record of who does what, when, and how
- Set administrative access and permissions with role-based access control (RBAC)
Learn more about security in the Developer Portal.