The evening will be led by Arun on how to package, deploy, and scale Java applications using Docker and related orchestration frameworks, with a dive into Swarm, continuous delivery.
Docker provides PODA (Package Once Deploy Anywhere) and complements WORA (Write Once Run Anywhere) provided by Java. It also helps you reduce the impedance mismatch between dev, test, and production environment and simplifies Java application deployment.
This workshop/session explains how to package, deploy, and scale Java applications using Docker and related orchestration frameworks.
- Docker 101
- Running first application with Docker
- Package application with Docker
- Sharing application using Docker Hub
- Package application as Docker multi-container applications
- Deploy Java application using Maven/Docker
- Deploy application using Docker Swarm Mode
- Scaling services using Swarm Mode