Doca do Bom Sucesso
About the Event
Join us, in partnership with Syone, for Couchbase Day on 2 February in Lisbon. This FREE educational event will feature a combination of hands-on workshops and presentations on Couchbase Server.
During the Executive Session you will:
- Learn the basics of NoSQL databases and why organizations around the world are building new web, mobile, and IoT applications on this technology
- Identify use cases that are a best fit for NoSQL
In the Technical Workshop you will:
- Understand the basics of NoSQL data modeling, application design, development and administration
- Learn how to download, install, and get started with Couchbase
- Be introduced to SQL for JSON – a SQL-based query language for document databases
- See how mobile is becoming a key requirement for the enterprise and learn about Couchbase’s innovative mobile capabilities – which include a database for the device and configurable synchronisation
To ensure you get the most out of the hands-on workshop, please bring your own laptop with VirtualBox and an SSH client installed.
- VirtualBox and VirtualBox Extension Pack
- At least 10GB of free space on your local hard drive
- SSH client of some sort. For example, PuTTY.
Please follow the instructions outlined in the PowerPoint here to set up your environment prior to arriving at Couchbase Day. The deck outlines the minimum requirements, the process to obtain the OVA (Virtual Appliance) for the lab, and troubleshooting steps.
If you need additional help with the setup steps, please send an email to CouchbaseDay-Help@couchbase.com.
|11:45 AM||Why NoSQL & Couchbase?|
|12:15 PM||How to Become Leaders in the Digital Economy|
|12:45 PM||Cocktail Break|
|13:00 PM||Executive Lunch @ Feitoria Restaurant & Wine Bar, Altis Belém Hotel|
|14:15 PM||Introduction to NoSQL & Couchbase|
|14:45 PM||Couchbase Architecture - How Things Work|
|15:15 PM||High Availability & Disaster Recovery|
|16:00 PM||Developing with Couchbase|
|17:00 PM||Document Modeling|
|18:00 PM||Couchbase Mobile|