Sync Gateway Backend Processing in .NET

Hi @priya.rajagopal ,
Yes you are correct - the most recent answer addresses it partially by mentioning shared bucket access available in the latest versions of Couchbase and Couchbase Mobile. However Attachments are not a construct of Couchbase from what I’ve gathered, so that funcitonality/data does not get addressed by the shared bucket access.
The only reference I could find was this forum: Storing attachments directly on Couchbase Server where ldoguin specifically mentions one still needs to go through the Sync Gateway to interact with Attachments.

Example:
Server backend with a document in Couchbase. I want to add or modify an attachment to the document. I’m using the .Net SDK -> Can’t except with Sync Gateway Rest API.
Server backend, with a document in Couchbase that has attachments. I want to get the attachment -> Also can’t except with Sync Gateway Rest API.

It is totally possible that I have missed something and there is a way (I’m new to Couchbase), but to date I haven’t found any other way except adding a Couchbase Lite client on the server itself, which is not ideal.

I don’t want to hijack this thread, although this seems quite relevant - let me know if I should start a new one. Thanks!