FTS index based on condition

Sorry for the confusion. I am still wrapping my head around this. I think my question is a little bit like that too: FTS mapping strategy for dynamic fields

I guess in our case we basically need a lot of different type mappings then, because each customer can manage their own “schema” for their documents. Imagine it like our customers can upload different Excel-Spreadsheets and each Spreadsheet has different header columns. For each Spreadsheet the customer should be able to define which header columns are FTS indexable and can configure this in our application. So every time this configuration is added / modify we would need to add/update a Type Mapping. This is how I understand it. So it can be come veeeerry many different type Mappings. Worst case one type mapping per Excel File. And there will be thousands…and more.

1. Is there a limit on the number of Type Mappings which can be created in an index?

2. Is it possible to create / update / delete the Type Mappings with the Java SDK or the REST API? (this shows how to add an index. How can I add more type mappings?