Error from Java SDK

I use upsert - and the reason I want to know if this is a new document is when I maintain revision history. I’m sure I found the cas() == 0 somewhere (e.g. in here) when I built it 3 years ago (or more). Trying to insert to get an exception seems a little brute force (and expensive) if you just could ask the object if it is new. I’m sure that can be done in more ways - and I could also build that into my logic but that would require an extra field that so far I have not needed.

Good point. I didn’t think about that.

Thank you!

I tried downloading jdk 6, 7, 8

non of them install.
i tried downloading offline, i tried running the installations as admin, nothing works.
I even tried downloading bluej including jdk the installation won’t run, without jdk it will.
maybe someone can help?

That seems like a much more general question that really hasn’t go anything to do with Couchbase…

I suggest you have a look at StackOverflow to see if someone has had a similar issue - and found a solution. It not, then create a question on the same site where you give a little more detail :slight_smile:

@carolynperry indeed, it doesn’t seem Couchbase related? Personally for SDK management I use https://sdkman.io/.