Develop with Agility
Couchbase Server enables you to build applications easier, faster and with greater agility by leveraging the flexibility of JSON and the power of SQL.
- Avoid learning a new API: leverage native language and framework integration
- Write less code: write SQL-based queries instead of complex application code
- Add features on demand: create new queries and indexes instead of modifying the data
- Respond to changing requirements: extend or modify a flexible data model so applications can evolve
- Access the data needed: read and write specific fields, objects, and arrays within a document
Learn more about development in the Developer Portal.
Couchbase Server enables you to build applications that evolve over time: Since the data model is defined by your application, you can extend and modify it on demand.
- Avoid the impedance mismatch: create a data model that matches your application
- Avoid excessive denormalization: reference shared data and query it with JOINs
- Simplify your data model: store related data as embedded lists and objects
- Avoid duplicate data: create new queries and indexes on demand
- Avoid "schema change" requests: extend or modify the data on demand
Learn more about data modeling in the Developer Portal.
Couchbase Server enables you to interact with data easily and in advanced ways, by writing concise but powerful queries with N1QL — a declarative query language that extends SQL.
- Create advanced queries with ease: sort, filter, aggregate, and transform data
- Combine data without writing code: JOIN related data with a query
- Query embedded data: NEST or UNNEST data, index and query arrays, and more
- Query the same data in different ways: create functional, compound, and partial indexes
- Choose from multiple consistency levels: eventual, strict, and read your own writes
Learn more about querying in the Developer Portal.
Couchbase Server enables you to migrate relational data and integrate with SQL-based enterprise tools using standard SQL features and drivers.
- Use enterprise BI and reporting tools: leverage standard, certified JDBC/ODBC drivers
- Migrate relational data as is: migrate data without transforming or denormalizing it
- Refactor relational queries with ease: convert SQL queries to N1QL queries with little effort
- Browse inferred schemas and ad-hoc query results: take advantage of the Query Workbench
Learn more about N1QL vs SQL in the Developer Portal.
Couchbase Server enables you to integrate with big data platforms and technologies to perform both offline and real-time analysis of operational data.
- Analyze data with Spark: analyze data with Spark and Spark SQL jobs, store the results
- Stream data for real-time analysis: continuously stream data to Spark Streaming or Storm
- Process data with Hadoop: export data to Hadoop for processing, import the results
- Distribute data with Kafka: continuously publish data to multiple subscribers via Kafka queues
Learn more about integration in the Developer Portal.
Couchbase Server enables you to create mobile apps that provide a great user experience by accessing a local, embedded database that automatically synchronizes with the cloud.
- Improve responsiveness, enable offline support: read and write to a local, embedded database
- Simplify development: leverage built-in, automatic synchronization instead of doing it yourself
- Support multiple platforms: synchronize data across multiple platforms — iOS, Android, .NET, and more
- Reduce bandwidth cost: synchronize changes and apply filters instead of pulling down all data
Learn more about Couchbase Mobile in the Developer Portal.