About Ryanair and Couchbase
Couchbase Mobile helped Ryanair increase their app performance and enhance their user experience. Ryanair was also able to overhaul their app experience without significant re-architecture to their existing app.
With Couchbase Mobile, Ryanair:
- Can easily manage Semi-Static Data
- Did not have to implement their own synchronization and storage solution
- Was able to integrate with existing Android and iOS apps without significant re-architecture
The mobile app experience is now faster and better:
- The booking process is 60%+ faster (slashed from over 5 minutes to under 2)
- Network traffic to drive bookings is 87% more efficient (reduced from 80 GB/day to 10 GB/day)
- The user experience is vastly improved, as evidenced by an increase in app store ratings.
Over the last 30 years, Ryanair has experienced exponential growth. Since we launched our new mobile app supported by Couchbase, we have increased app performance and decreased flight booking times from 5 minutes to 2 minutes. Couchbase Mobile has helped us achieve our user experience goals.Vladimir Atanosov Lead Developer at Ryanair
Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, operating more than 1,600 daily flights from 72 bases, connecting 192 destinations in 31 countries and operating a fleet of more than 300 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Ryanair has recently announced firm orders for a further 283 new Boeing 737 aircraft, as well as options for 100 more Boeing 737 MAX 200s, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic from 103m this year to 160m p.a. in 2024. Ryanair currently has a team of more than 9,500 highly skilled aviation professionals, and has an industry leading 30-year safety record.
Watch Ryanair Presentations
Ryanair Runs on Couchbase Mobile
Ali LeClerc, Couchbase
How Ryanair Reduced Booking Time from 5 to Less Than 2 Minutes: Couchbase Connect 2015
Vladimir Atanasov, Ryanair