As with any software product, there is sometimes a need to get assistance in understanding or troubleshooting Couchbase products.
A subscription to our Enterprise License comes with a support contract which gives you direct access to the Couchbase Support team. You can find more information about those options here.
|If you do not yet have an Enterprise License, you will want to direct your questions to either the forums or the Couchbase mailing list (Couchbase)|
Support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support phone number: +1-650-417-7500, option #1
To speed up the resolution of your issue, we will need some information to troubleshoot what is going on. The more information you can provide in the questions below the faster we will be able to identify your issue and propose a fix:
- Priority and impact of the issue (P1 and production impacting versus a P2 question)
- What versions of the software are you running - Membase/Couchbase Server, moxi, and client drivers?
- Operating system version, architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and deployment (physical hardware, Amazon EC2, RightScale, etc.)
- Number of nodes in the cluster, how much physical RAM in each node, and per-node RAM allocated to Couchbase Server
- What steps led to the failure or error?
- Information around whether this is something that has worked successfully in the past and if so what has changed in the environment since the last successful operation?
- Provide us with a current snapshot of logs taken from each node of the system and uploaded to our support system via the instructions below
If your issue is urgent, please make a phone call as well as send an e-mail. The phone call will ensure that an on-call engineer is notified.
Diagnostics/logs will give us further detail around the issue itself and the health of your environment.
- cbcollect_info is a command line utility that provides us with detailed statistics for a specific node. Example usage:
- Linux (run as root or use sudo as below)
- Windows (run as an administrator)
Run cbcollect_info on all nodes in the cluster, and upload all of the resulting files to us.
In Couchbase Server 2.1, we introduced a tool called cbhealthchecker that is designed to be run on a currently-live cluster. It gathers statistics and other information and provides alerts on proper sizing or other problems.
Along with the above collection of cbcollect_info, please run this tool against the cluster as well and provide us with the output. Note that you do not need to run it for each node or bucket, just once against the whole cluster.
And example running it is:
And then we would ask that you zip and upload everything under the created "reports" directory. In a future version, the script will provide an output file automatically.
The cb_collect_info tool can result in large files. Simply run the command below, replacing <FILE NAME> and <COMPANY NAME>, to upload a file to our cloud storage on Amazon AWS. Make sure you include the last slash ("/") character after the company name.
Once uploaded, please send an e-mail to email@example.com letting us know what files have been uploaded.