As with any software product, there is sometimes a need to get assistance in understanding or troubleshooting Couchbase products.
A subscription to our Enterprise License comes with a support contract which gives you direct access to the Couchbase Support team. You can find more information about those options here.
|If you do not yet have an Enterprise License, you will want to direct your questions to either the forums or the Couchbase mailing list (Couchbase)|
Support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support phone number: 650-417-7500, option #1
To speed up the resolution of your issue, we will need some information to troubleshoot what is going on. The more information you can provide in the questions below the faster we will be able to identify your issue and propose a fix:
- Priority and impact of the issue (P1 and production impacting versus a P2 question)
- What versions of the software are you running - Membase/Couchbase/Couchdb/Moxi/Client drivers?
- Operating system version, architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and deployment (physical hardware, Amazon EC2, RightScale, etc.)
- What steps led to the failure or error?
- Information around whether this is something that has worked successfully in the past and if so what has changed in the environment since the last successful operation?
- Provide us with a current snapshot of logs taken from each node of the system and uploaded to our support system via the instructions below
Diagnostics/logs will give us further detail around the issue itself and the health of your environment. It is best to get diagnostics from each node in the cluster, even if only one or two nodes appear to be having problems.
- The diagnostics report gives us a snapshot of the health of the cluster and steps to generate it can be found here. Please compress the resulting file and forward along to us.
- mbcollect_info is a command line utility that provides us with detailed statistics for a specific node, steps to run this can be found here.
The Diagnostic report and Collect info can result in large files, to get these files to us you can simply run the command below, substituting in your information and file name, to upload the files to our cloud storage on Amazon AWS.