Couchbase Chosen for Most Demanding Web and Mobile Applications at Worlds Largest Enterprises
Mountain View, Calif. – August 28, 2013 – Couchbase, a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, announced today that software subscription sales grew by more than 400% year-over-year in the first half of 2013. The rapid growth was fueled by the success of Couchbase’s 2.0 release and associated major competitive wins at many of the world’s largest enterprises.
The scalability, performance and flexibility requirements of modern web and mobile applications are driving the massive growth of NoSQL in major enterprises, where Couchbase is a leader. The use of NoSQL is becoming standard for certain critical use cases such as: globally distributed user profile management, session store management, high-performance caching, content and metadata store management and data aggregation. Billions of users access Couchbase everyday through eCommerce sites, social sites and ad network platforms. These include:
- Social – LinkedIn and Tencent
- Technology – PayPal, Cisco, Liveperson
- Travel – Orbitz, Amadeus and Sabre
- SaaS – Concur and Salesforce
- Ad Network – AOL and AdAction
- Online Gambling – BetFair, SHFL entertainment
- Education – McGraw-Hill Education
- Communications – Docomo and Comcast
- Media – Nielsen, Beats Music
Many of these customers will be presenting at the Couchbase [SF] user conference on September 13th.
The phenomenal success of the 2.0 release, delivered just nine months ago in December 2012, is attributed to the following key capabilities:
- Couchbase’s continued leadership as the most easily scalable NoSQL database
- Couchbase’s continued leadership as a consistently high performance NoSQL database
- The addition of cross data center replication, which allows active-active mirroring of data across data centers, a critical capability for large enterprises that run global businesses
- The addition of document database features like JSON support and indexing and querying that speed development of applications
About Couchbase Open Source Project
The Couchbase Open Source Project is a leading NoSQL database project, with a vibrant community focused on developing distributed database technology that supports both key-value and document-oriented use cases. All Couchbase technology components are available under the Apache 2.0 License, and may also be obtained as packaged software from Couchbase, Inc. in both enterprise and community editions.
Couchbase is a leading provider of NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project. Couchbase Server, the company’s flagship product, is a NoSQL document-oriented database with production deployments at AOL, Cisco, Concur, LinkedIn, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Shuffle Master, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. It is particularly well suited for web and mobile applications, providing easy scalability, consistent high performance, 24x365 availability, and a flexible data model for ease of development. Couchbase is headquartered in Silicon Valley, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com