Brings Advanced NoSQL Technology to Israel to Support Growing Global Demand
Mountain View, Calif. and Tel Aviv, Israel – January 21, 2013 – Couchbase, Inc., a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, today announced the expansion of its operations through a reseller agreement with Zaponet, a leading Israeli consultancy specializing in data-centric solutions. The announcement precedes the second CouchConf Israel user conference this week, and marks a growing level of adoption of NoSQL databases in the region.
- Couchbase is partnering with Zaponet, a Tel Aviv-based reseller and solutions integrator specializing in Big Data and NoSQL solutions, to jointly invest in the market opportunity in Israel.
- Zaponet will provide marketing, sales, and community support in Israel, creating a local presence for developers implementing Couchbase NoSQL database technology for their interactive applications.
- CouchConf Israel will take place Thursday, January 24 in Tel Aviv and features local Couchbase customers including Playtika and Convertro.
- “As a leader in social and mobile casino games, Playtika’s success is tied to the reliability, scalability and consistent performance of the infrastructure powering Slotomania and our other gaming properties,” said Ira Holtzer, CTO, Playtika. “Couchbase NoSQL database technology more than meets our requirements, enabling us to provide an excellent experience for millions of daily users, and retain and grow our active user base.”
- “Israel is known for its vibrant technical community, and we are eager to take the next step in serving this exciting market with Couchbase technology,” said Bob Wiederhold, President and CEO, Couchbase. “Partnering with Zaponet, we can better address the need for customer and community support in Israel and further our expansion into the global NoSQL market.”
- “At Zaponet, we pride ourselves in providing leading-edge products and professional services for building state-of-the-art data-centric solutions for our customers,” said Asaf Birenzvieg, CEO and Founder, Zaponet. “We have been impressed by the scalability, performance and reliability of Couchbase Server, and are excited to expand the adoption of this powerful document-oriented database technology in the Israeli market.”
About the Couchbase Open Source Project
The Couchbase Open Source Project is a leading NoSQL database project, with a vibrant community focused on developing distributed database technology that supports both key-value and document-oriented use cases. All Couchbase technology components are available under the Apache Public License, and may also be obtained as packaged software from Couchbase, Inc. in both enterprise and community editions.
About Couchbase, Inc.
Couchbase is a leading provider of NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project. Couchbase Server, the company’s flagship product, is a NoSQL document-oriented database with production deployments at AOL, Cisco, Concur, LinkedIn, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Shuffle Master, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. It is particularly well suited for web and mobile applications, providing easy scalability, consistent high performance, 24x365 availability, and a flexible data model for ease of development. Couchbase is headquartered in Silicon Valley, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com
About Zaponet LTD.
Zaponet, located in Tel Aviv, Israel is a service integrator founded by experienced entrepreneurs and technology leaders aiming to provide a one-stop-shop for clients with data problems and challenges, who are striving to build data-centric applications and become a data-driven organization. Zaponet provides solutions and professional ranging from strategy and requirements analysis to successful implementation and support. For more information, www.zaponet.com or contact Eli Alafi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972.54.8073031.