Couchbase Improves Scalability and Performance Across Data Stack For Concur
Leading travel and expense management solutions provider chooses Membase Server to provide simple, fast, scalable NoSQL solution for its SaaS application
Mountain View, Calif. – June 1, 2011 – Couchbase, the NoSQL database company created through the recent merger of CouchOne and Membase, today announced that Concur, a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions, has implemented Membase Server to laterally scale its software-as-a-service (SaaS) application. With Membase Server, Concur is simplifying its data management process and easily scaling out to keep pace with its cloud services that process more than $50 billion in travel and expenses for global corporations per year.
20 percent increase in application performance. Concur initially created a custom system to manage the data layer of its SaaS, which turned out to be too expensive and complicated to scale. The company turned to Membase Server to help laterally scale their application, and support their plans to utilize NoSQL technology extensively throughout their stack. This is just the tip of the iceberg for Concur, as they are working to further integrate the technology for even more performance and scalability benefits.
Cluster management capabilities with zero downtime.Concur can scale out their Membase Server cluster with zero downtime by simply adding nodes on the fly. The .NET and Java clients automatically update in response to a topology change, ensuring smooth and consistent growth of the Membase cluster across the entire environment. Concur was impressed with the simplicity with which they could setup, configure and scale the cluster.
- Part of the most comprehensive and widely deployed NoSQL database family.Couchbase products represent the most comprehensive family of NoSQL database solutions for building scalable web and mobile applications.Built from proven open source data management technologies, including Apache CouchDB, Membase and Memcached, Couchbase products are in large-scale production at hundreds of companies including AOL, ShareThis and Zynga. In addition, Apache CouchDB is deployed across 10 million desktops worldwide, and at organizations such as the BBC, Canonical and Mozilla.
Drew Garner, Director of Architecture Services at Concur: “Deploying Couchbase solutions gives us greater scalability and blazing performance with sub-millisecond response times. We now have the ability to simply and fluidly increase capacity, enabling us to seamlessly respond to the needs of the application.”
- Bob Wiederhold, CEO of Couchbase: “We’re excited that Concur has chosen Membase Server to scale their SaaS application – and ultimately provide a better interactive experience for their customers. Concur’s implementation illustrates how Membase Server’s low latency and fast response times make it ideal for organizations in need of scalable data infrastructure to support their cloud-based services.”
Additional Online Resources:
- Read the Concur case study
- Download Membase Server
- Download the technical white paper
- Read the Couchbase blog
- Attend CouchConf San Francisco
- Follow @Couchbase on Twitter
Couchbase is the name of the new NoSQL database company and product family created through the merger of CouchOne and Membase. Couchbase products, which are built on Apache CouchDB, Membase, and Memcached open source software, represent the most comprehensive family of database solutions for building scalable web and mobile applications, with indexing, flexible querying and ease of use that developers love; and elastic clustering, robust storage management and consistently high performance relied on by system administrators and operators. Couchbase is a privately held company funded by Accel Partners, Mayfield Fund, North Bridge Venture Partners and Redpoint Ventures. www.couchbase.com
Concur is a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. The company was founded in 1993 on the premise of helping to drive costs out of business through innovation. With approximately 20 percent of T&E spend out of policy, Concur’s easy-to-use Web-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. Concur’s systems adapt to individual employee preferences and scale to meet the needs of companies from small to large.