Couchbase Appoints Ravi Mayuram to Drive NoSQL Product Development and Delivery
Former Oracle engineering exec brings deep database experience and expertise
Mountain View, Calif. – May 28, 2013 – Couchbase, Inc., a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, today announced the appointment of Ravi Mayuram as vice president of engineering, strengthening the company’s ability to develop and release products quickly to meet burgeoning market demand . A software industry veteran with a deep background in database technology, Ravi was most recently senior director of engineering at Oracle and has held senior and technical management positions at BEA, HP, Informix, and Siebel. Ravi reports to Rahim Yaseen, Couchbase senior vice president of products.
Ravi Mayuram has joined Couchbase, Inc., the leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, augmenting the company’s engineering leadership team and helping accelerate the release of products to meet growing market demand.
In his new role, Ravi is responsible for development of the company’s flagship document database, Couchbase Server, that provides easy scalability, consistent high performance, always-on 24x365 availability, and a flexible data model. He also leads development of the Couchbase’s upcoming mobile product offering. He also oversees product delivery teams, including performance engineering, quality engineering, and IT operations.
- Previously in his career, Ravi held senior technical and management positions at leading software companies including BEA, HP, Informix, Oracle, and Siebel Systems. He led innovations in the areas of social graph and search and analytics at Oracle, as well as helped initiate the company’s Cloud Collaboration Platform. His startup experience includes BroadBand Office (Kleiner-Perkins venture), and Plumtree (acquired by BEA).
- “I am pleased to welcome Ravi to the Couchbase team, especially during this time of exceptional growth and adoption of our NoSQL technology. We have big ambitions for Couchbase as a company, and Ravi brings the right mixture of passion, experience and enthusiasm that we need to reach our goals.” – Rahim Yaseen, Senior Vice President, Product Development, Couchbase
- “Couchbase, through careful thought and execution, has been built into a company that has a far-reaching vision and growing impact. The increasing adoption by customers is a testament to this, and I am thrilled to be a part of the talented and passionate team at Couchbase. I look forward to continuing to advance the company as a technology leader and a prominent player in the NoSQL market.” – Ravi Mayuram, Vice President of Engineering, Couchbase
- Download Couchbase Server 2.0
- Learn more about the Couchbase Open Source Project
- Follow @Couchbase on Twitter
- Like Couchbase on Facebook
About Couchbase Open Source Project
The Couchbase Open Source Project is a leading NoSQL database project, with a vibrant community focused on developing distributed database technology that supports both key-value and document-oriented use cases. All Couchbase technology components are available under the Apache 2.0 License, and may also be obtained as packaged software from Couchbase, Inc. in both enterprise and community editions.
Couchbase is a leading provider of NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project. Couchbase Server, the company’s flagship product, is a NoSQL document-oriented database with production deployments at AOL, Cisco, Concur, LinkedIn, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Shuffle Master, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. It is particularly well suited for web and mobile applications, providing easy scalability, consistent high performance, 24x365 availability, and a flexible data model for ease of development. Couchbase is headquartered in Silicon Valley, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, and North Bridge Venture Partners.