Couchbase and contributors maintain a set of official SDKs for many popular programming languages. The client library in the SDK is cluster aware, which makes deployment simple and flexible. Resources may be added to and removed from a live cluster without interruption to your application.
Couchbase Server SDKs
|SDK||2.0 and 1.8 Compatible||1.8 Compatible|
|Java 1.1||Java 1.0|
|.NET 1.2||.NET 1.1|
|PHP 1.1||PHP 1.0|
|Ruby 1.2||Ruby 1.0|
|C 2.0||C 1.0|
|Python 0.8.0 Dev Preview|
Couchbase Client Library Development
The client library in each SDK is available under the Apache 2.0 Open Source license. See the wiki for more details on the location of the source code repositories, issue trackers and how to get in contact with other developers.
Experimental Client Libraries
Popular Community Developed Client Libraries
Alongside the official client libraries, there are a number of popular client libraries which are either cluster-aware or use Couchbase Server's memcached compatibility.
- Spyglass is a Clojure wrapper for spymemcached, which is compatible with Couchbase.
- clutchbase is a Clojure wrapper for the Couchbase Java Client.
- cberl is a NIF based Erlang client which uses libcouchbase. It has been authored by Ali Yakamercan at Chitika.
- Couchbase::Client for Perl uses libcouchbase Authored by Mark Nunberg and is evolving quickly. The project is hosted at github.
- PECL/memcached is a libmemcached based client library in common use behind many PHP sites.
- PECL/memcache is an earlier client, built upon its own internal C library. On the memcached wiki, you will find a comparison between PECL/memcached and PECL/memcache.
- pylibcb is a libcouchbase derived Python client library. It has been authored by the folks at Chango.
- couchbase-tcl-client is a TCL client library based on libcouchbase. It was authored by Sergey Avseyev.