Windows Server 2008 R2 Issue
I recently installed Membase 1.7.2 on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine. That all works as expected: I can use the telnet interface to moxi to set and get keys, or I can use the Enyim client to set and get keys:
client.Store(StoreMode.Set, key, value); var result = client.Get(key);
However, when I move the installation (1.7.2, 64-bit) to a Windows 2008 R2 machine, only the telnet interface works. The same code with the Enyim client silently fails (no exceptions, but no data insertion).
I realize there are lots of other considerations, but I _had_ believed I'd handled all the ports by adding inbound rules to the windows firewall for ports: 8091, 11211, 11210, 4369, 21100-21199 (http://docs.couchbase.org/membase-getting-started-1.7/membase-getting-st...)
However, when I look at the output of a
I see I whole lot of other ports being used by membase-related processes: moxi, memcached, erl, epmd.
TCP 10.127.161.214:8091 220.127.116.11:58664 ESTABLISHED [erl.exe] TCP 10.127.161.214:11210 10.127.161.214:49350 ESTABLISHED [memcached.exe] TCP 10.127.161.214:49350 10.127.161.214:11210 ESTABLISHED [moxi.exe] TCP 127.0.0.1:4369 127.0.0.1:49156 ESTABLISHED [epmd.exe] TCP 127.0.0.1:8091 127.0.0.1:49232 ESTABLISHED [erl.exe]
The above is just a small snippet! There are many local (127.0.0.1) connections on ports in the 49NNN range.
Does anyone have any ideas about why the telnet interface works, but the Enyim client doesn't? Is it a likely to be a firewall issue? I've even (briefly!) turned off the firewall, but still not dice.
Pointers greatly appreciated!
So, after some poking, I found this post: http://www.couchbase.org/forums/node/195
And that suggested this script:
cd "\Program Files\NorthScale\Memcached Server\bin" service_stop.bat service_unregister.bat del ..\config\ns_1\* service_register.bat email@example.com cd bin service_start.bat
The "del ..\config\ns_1\*" line doesn't seem correct (it refers to an older version of the product).
Even that didn't work.
However, it got me thinking: why not ensure that the CURRENT IP is used. So I did:
del C:\<<Somewhere>>\default-data\* cd "\Program Files\Membase\Server\bin" service_stop.bat service_unregister.bat service_register.bat ns_1@<<instance current IP address>> service_start.bat
And that worked!
This was running on an Amazon EC2 instance.