Where is the SOP for the rolling reboot?
I have two Membase server ( v1.6.5 ) and using Enyim Memcached Client as my client API ( ASP.NET ).
When I needs to reboot my two Membase Servers, what's the standard operation procedure to doing that? Do you have any documentation about this? I couldn't found one that meet my requirement.
Here is my SOP about this, I'm not sure it's right or wrong?
Assume I have two Membase Server named Cache1 and Cache2, and I have a web server named Web1. The web.config in my Web1 points to my two membase server.
1. Login into Cache1's Membase Console.
2. Let Cache2 Fail Over and doing Rebalance.
3. Modify my web.config in my Web1 that remove the Cache2 IP in the <membased>'s <servers> settings. ( Should I do this step? I'm not sure. )
4. Then do Cache2 reboot.
5. When Cache2 rebooted, let it add back to Membase Cluster agagin and doing Rebalance.
6. Modify my web.config in my Web1 that add the Cache2 IP in the <membased>'s <servers> settings. ( Should I do this step? I'm not sure. )
Could you give me some opinion about my SOP? Thank you.