Strange behaviour when disk is full
I'm facing quite strange problem when the disk is full.
Here are the situation:
1. Membase server 1.7.1
2. RAM set to 100MB
3. Run an apps to fill in the membase bucket... until the "items" stop increasing and the "disk write queue" keep rising. (the disk already full)
4. up until condition no.3 , another apps that "getting" the value stop working...
5. membase web console still not reporting "server down".
6. stopped the membase windows service and start again hoping the membase server goes online again
7. after restart, web console reporting "server down"
I really confused.... how to resolve/to put the server online again....
so I that another step, using process explorer, when restarting membase server, it shows that "memcached.exe" process do not stop/killed.
THen I "kill" memcached.exe process manually, and starting the membase server service... and no more server down.
After this I move the data file to another location with more HDD space.
Strange huh... I'm not sure is this a bug or by design...
I'm wondering, are there any "steps" that can handle this more gracefully?