Moving from memcached to Couchbase
I understand that Couchbase can be a drop-in replacement for memcached, but I have a couple of questions.
Right now I have an application that talks to a memcached server by:
1. Creating an instance of net.spy.memcached.MemcachedClient
2. Connecting to localhost:11211
3. All kinds of get/set fun and profit
However looking at the examples given in the Couchbase docs, I see that
1. The client object is actually a com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseClient (I assume this is a superset of the Spymemcached functionality)
2. Connections are made to http://127.0.0.1:8091/pools rather than port 11211
Is this correct? What happens if, for instance, I create a CouchbaseClient and point it to localhost:11211?