Few basic questions
I've few basic questions related to membase:
- - i would like to bound entities under the same namespace, for few reasons, don't want to have system wide unique key, easier management, easier to understand and develop, having the option to get values from a specific namespace, etc.. . if i compare it to other nosql solutions it is called a collection or in rdbms it is a table. using different buckets will solve one or two of my needs, but not all ( i think), is there a way to do something like this in membase?
- other types of collections, i would like to implement other types of collection over membase, like different types of queues, lists, maps etc... i'm trying to think on a way to implement the logic in the client side, do you think that it is possible?
- distributed reads - does membase distribute the read to replicas or the replicas are passive?
- membase start - what happens when membase starts, does it load all data from disk to memory? if so, does it means that it can only store the amount data as the amount of RAM for each server? if it doesn't load the entire data, what will happen if i try to get a value from membase that is no in memory will it do an IO to check if it is on disk and if so will load it to memory? what is the eviction policy in membase?
- is there a locking mechanism in membase for entities? is there a transaction feature? (for example if i've an entity with a counter in it, how can i make sure that counting will be correct? if i want to change two entities different entities at the same time? ) - i'm guessing that this out of the nosql scope, but maybe you have a solution in mind :)
- what is the one entity size limit in membase? (i think that memcache is 1mb is it the same here?)