Enyim Membase client can't talk to Memcached buckets when using DNS name
Noticed a problem when using the memcached buckets in a single-node v1.6.5 Membase cluster after I change the service_register.bat script to identify the node using a DNS name such as MyApp.Cache.1. The membase buckets works fine and have no problem at all, but all the memcached buckets just stopped working.
A little more context around what I did to produce the problem:
- I'm using an Amazon instance to run Membase
- On the client side I'm running Enyim Membase 2.8 client
- Change service_register.bat script so that the node identifies itself using DNS name instead of the private IP
- Change the local DNS lookup file on the node (c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/host) to include a mapping of that DNS name to the private IP of the instance
- Restart the Membase service and set up buckets, etc.
- Make the same change to DNS look up file on ALL Amazon instances which need to talk to the cache so that they all resolve the DNS name to the same private IP
It was after these changes that I started seeing the get and set operations against the memcached buckets started failing.
I have confirmed that running the Membase node as normal (without the DNS name change, etc.) works for both the membase and memcached buckets.