CouchDBX (Mac OS X) to Couchbase Server Migration
If you have previously installed the CouchDBX application under Mac OS X, installing Couchbase Server does not migrate your existing CouchDBX databases. Without modifying the port and/or TCP bind address information, you also cannot run both application simultaneously.
If you would like to migrate your databases from CouchDBX to Couchbase Server you have two choices:
1) Start-up both CouchDBX and Couchbase Server and replicate the databases. The process can be time consuming if you have a lot of databases. To do this you must update the port number used by either CouchDBX or Couchbase Server so that both services can run simultaneously. You can do this by editing the port value within the httpd section of the the configuration. This can be modified within the Futon interface for both CouchDBX and Couchbase Server. You need only change the configuration of one of the servers to enable them to run simultaneously.
Once the port change has been completed, start both CouchDBX and Couchbase Server and use either Futon or the REST API to initiate replication from CouchDBX to Couchbase Server.
2) Copy the database files manually. To do this:
- Shutdown CouchDBX and/or Couchbase Server.
- Open Terminal
- Navigate to your CouchDBX database folder. By default this is located at ~/Library/Application Support/CouchDBX
- Copy the database files to the Couchbase Server folder. By default this is located at ~/Library/Application Support/CouchbaseServer. For example:
$ cd ~/Library/Application Support/CouchDBX $ cp -pr * ../CouchbaseServer
- Start up Couchbase Server; your databases should now be available within your Couchbase Server