Cannot use Gmail for memcached alert notification
I'm looking into an issue a colleague had a while back when setting up alert notifications in Memcached using Gmail. At the time, he created a topic here to get help resolving the issue: http://www.couchbase.com/forums/node/441. Trying this myself, I seem to get the same problem. I am using the Gmail settings as provided from Google: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287.
The details on the Alerts page I am entering:
- Host: smtp.gmail.com Port: 587
- Username: Gmail email address including the full @gmail.com
- Password: Gmail password
- Sender email: A valid alternative email address
- Recipient: A second valid alternative email address
- Test 1: Entered details as above and clicked Test Mail.
- Result: Button label changed to Sent. However, no emails received.
- Test 2: Entered as Test 1 but removed the @gmail.com from the Username part (I was expecting this to fail as Google require the full email address.
- Result: Same as Test 1.
- Test 3: As Test 1 but changed port to 465.
- Result: Button changed to Error. No emails received.
- Test 4: Reverted details back to as Test 1.
- Result: As Test 3, button changed to Error.
Subsequent tries using data as Test 1 all failed the same way as Test 4. Tried logging off website and back on again but still same problem. Is there anyone using Gmail SMTP with memcached?