More than 400 Enterprises Attending Couchbase Live New York 2014
Leaders from Financial Services, Travel & Entertainment, Publishing, Technology, Education and others signed up to learn about high performance, scalable NoSQL
NEW YORK, New York – June 2, 2014 – Couchbase, provider of the most complete NoSQL database, has announced that more than 400 industry leaders plan to attend Couchbase Live New York 2014 today. Couchbase Live (#CBliveNYC) is a one-day, two-track event and developer hackathon that offers attendees a unique opportunity to learn why businesses around the world run mission critical applications on Couchbase Server.
“We continue to see exponential growth in the interest for Couchbase products, including our flagship NoSQL database Couchbase Server and our newly launched Mobile Suite,” said Bob Wiederhold, CEO Couchbase. “Businesses come to our events because they want to learn how customers like Beats Music, McGraw Hill, Neiman Marcus, Nielsen and more gain competitive advantage by running mission critical apps on the world’s most scalable and reliable NoSQL platform.”
NoSQL Hands On Training
In response to swelling participation at Couchbase Live New York 2014, Couchbase has expanded the agenda to include two new hands-on NoSQL administration and NoSQL application development training courses. The courses will be held on Tuesday June 3rd and on Wednesday June 4th. Technologists interested in learning how to administer NoSQL, build apps on NoSQL and develop mobile NoSQL can sign up today.
Industry Leaders Share Best Practices
More than half the sessions at Couchbase Live New York 2014 will be led by customers and partners. These sessions will include best practices for deploying Couchbase in an enterprise setting. Customer and partner sessions will include:
- Beyond the Data Center: NoSQL at Global Scale with AWS, presented by Matt Yanchyshyn, Ecosystem Architect, Amazon
- Scale and Performance at the Edge Using Couchbase XDCR, presented by Ben Wyckoff, Chief Architect, Mirror Image
- Managing Big Data Challenges with Couchbase, presented by Darrell Pratt, Architect Leader, GPS, Nielsen
- Performance at Scale: Viber Keynote, presented by Amir Ish-Shalom, System Architect, Viber
- How WebMD Maintains Operational Flexibility with NoSQL, presented by Matt Wilson, WebMD
In Depth Technical Sessions Designed to Build and Sharpen NoSQL Skills
Sessions led by Couchbase product management and engineering will include best practices and technical deep dives. These sessions will provide how-to examples for Couchbase products including Couchbase Mobile in addition to previewing Couchbase Server 3.0 and Couchbase N1QL, a completely new SQL-like query language for NoSQL.
Technical sessions will include:
- A N1QL for Every Query, presented by Gerald Sangudi, Architect, Couchbase
- Brace Yourself! Your Document Model in Couchbase, presented by Matthew Revell, Technical Evangelist, Couchbase
- Visualizing a Couchbase Server in Flight, presented by Matt Ingenthron, Director of Developer Solutions, Couchbase
- Couchbase on the JVM beyond Java: Scala, Play, Clojure and More, presented by Matt Ingenthron, Director of Developer Solutions, Couchbase
- Enabling Always Available Mobile Apps: Couchbase Mobile, presented by Wayne Carter, Chief Mobile Architect and Chris Anderson, Co-founder, Couchbase
Lightning Hackathon Challenges Developers to Build for Big Data Scale Requirements
In addition to the track sessions, Couchbase is challenging the best of the best to put Couchbase Server to the test. Developers from the entire Eastern seaboard are invited to build on the power of Couchbase Server. In this fast-paced, two-hour hackathon, developers will have a chance to show off their NoSQL skills by leveraging the power of Couchbase Server. They will compete to see who can mine the most data the fastest. The more data they mine, the further they can scale; the further they scale, the more data they can mine!
Register for Couchbase Live New York 2014 today, and find out more about the event using the #CBliveNYC hashtag on Twitter.
Couchbase provides the world’s most complete, most scalable and best performing NoSQL database. Couchbase Server is designed from a simple yet bold vision: build the first and best, general-purpose NoSQL database. That goal has resulted in an industry leading solution that includes a shared nothing architecture, a single node-type, a built in caching layer, true auto-sharding and the world’s first NoSQL mobile offering. Couchbase Mobile, announced in 2013 is a complete NoSQL mobile solution comprised of Couchbase Server, Couchbase Sync Gateway and Couchbase Lite – a lightweight NoSQL database designed for the device. Couchbase counts many of the world’s biggest brands as its customers, including Amadeus, Bally’s, Beats Music, Cisco, Comcast, Concur, Disney, Neimen Marcus, Orbitz, Rakuten / Viber, Sky, Tencent, Walmart and Verizon, as well as hundreds of other household names worldwide. Couchbase is headquartered in Silicon Valley, and is funded by Accel Partners, Adams Street Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com
Bite for Couchbase