Couchbase Selected as a DataWeek Award 2012 Winner
Company Recognized as a Top Innovator in NoSQL Database Technology by Leading Data Conference
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – Aug. 21, 2012 – Couchbase, the leading NoSQL database company, today announced that it has been selected as one of the DataWeek Award 2012 winners for its flagship product Couchbase Server, which is based on the Couchbase open source project. Couchbase was recognized for excellence in NoSQL database technology, one of several categories highlighting the most innovative areas of the data industry.
DataWeek is a six-day conference and festival, taking place in downtown San Francisco, from September 22-27. Through this event, DataWeek aims to drive the industry conversation about how data innovation is disrupting business, technology, and society.
Couchbase Server is a simple, fast, elastic, open source NoSQL database optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications. It automatically distributes data across commodity servers or virtual machines.
Couchbase has also partnered with DataWeek to offer a combined pass, providing full conference privileges to both DataWeek and CouchConf San Francisco, a NoSQL-focused conference that takes place September 21, 2012. Discounted passes are available here.
- “We’re thrilled to be selected as a DataWeek Award winner,” said Bob Wiederhold, President and CEO of Couchbase. “This award signifies our innovation and leadership in the NoSQL market, as Couchbase Server continues to gain popularity with businesses in enabling easy scalability, consistent high performance, and ‘always on’ capabilities for the data management needs of interactive web applications.”
- “We are happy to recognize some of the best talent in the industry today,” said Geoff Domoracki, CEO of DataWeek. “We would like to create a platform for innovative companies to have a forum to discuss how big data can be harnessed. In an information economy, data is the new capital. Corporations are unlocking the value in their terabytes of data, city governments are opening up their city data for public use, and thousands of ‘data startups’ are building on top of emerging social data feeds. The Data Revolution is when business and society realizes that data is not just how you analyze your business: data is your business. We succeed in business, technology, and society when we join a new ecosystem of data feeds, data infrastructure, data technologies, and data markets.”
Additional Online Resources
- View sessions for CouchConf SF
- Register for a discounted CouchConf and DataWeek pass
- Download Couchbase Server 1.8.1
- Follow @Couchbase on Twitter
- Like Couchbase on Facebook
Couchbase is the NoSQL database leader, with production deployments at AOL, Deutsche Post, NTT Docomo, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. Couchbase Server is the simple, fast, elastic NoSQL database that delivers a more scalable, high-performance, and cost-effective approach to data management than relational database technology. Couchbase is the company behind the Couchbase open source project, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com
Couchbase Media Contact
LEWIS Pulse for Couchbase