Couchbase Announces ‘JSON Anywhere’ Mobile Partner Program
Over 2 Million Mobile Developers Get Access to the Industry’s First Native NoSQL Database for Mobile
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – September 13, 2013 – Couchbase, a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, today announced its JSON Anywhere mobile partner program with Appcelerator, Apperian, Adobe PhoneGap, Sencha and Xamarin joining as the initial partners. Through these partnerships, Couchbase’s NoSQL mobile technology will be accessible to millions of developers for building, managing, and scaling mobile applications. The company announced its mobile partnerships at Couchbase [SF], its annual user conference.
As part of the program, Couchbase has integrated Couchbase Lite into industry leading mobile development platforms. This includes Appcelerator Titanium, Adobe PhoneGap, Apache Cordova, Xamarin, and Sencha.
“The NoSQL market is starting to enter its hyper-growth stage with an increasing shift from relational to NoSQL,” said Couchbase CEO Bob Wiederhold, “The first wave has been at the server level, either in the data center or in the cloud. The next wave is clearly mobile, where Couchbase is leading the charge in the shift away from relational. In adopting the technology, we believe that there is the potential to have Couchbase Lite on a billion devices.”
Supporting Partner Quotes
Appcelerator: Jonathan Rende, VP Products
- “Titanium is the mobile application development platform of choice for almost half a million developers. The integration between Couchbase Lite and Titanium will allow them to quickly mobilize data from any Couchbase database to deliver a great application and mobile experience.”
PhoneGap: Brian LeRoux, Principal Product Manager
Xamarin: Nat Friedman, CEO and Co-Founder
- “Xamarin is the new standard for native mobile app development, with over 400,000 developers building fully native iOS, Android and Windows apps in C#, and sharing up to 90% source code across device platforms. We see the integration between Couchbase and Xamarin solving major problems for enterprises that need fast ways to mobilize data and keep it in sync across devices.”
Sencha: Abraham Elias, Chief Technical Officer
Apperian: Alan Murray, Senior Vice President of Products
- “Apperian is about helping organizations go mobile by providing the most efficient, secure and scalable way to manage and distribute mobile apps to their employees. Today, mobile app developers often spend more time on the back-end and building out databases than they do on building an app itself. We believe that Couchbase is delivering the mobile database and core sync functionality that is critical to many of the mobile applications in the enterprise we manage and distribute today.”
- Read posts from Bob Wiederhold and Rahim Yaseen on the Couchbase blog
- Visit new community page for mobile developers
- Visit www.couchbase.com
- Download Couchbase Lite and Couchbase Sync Gateway
- Follow @Couchbase on Twitter
About Couchbase Open Source Project
The Couchbase Open Source Project is a leading NoSQL database project, with a vibrant community focused on developing distributed database technology that supports both key-value and document-oriented use cases. All Couchbase technology components are available under the Apache 2.0 License, and may also be obtained as packaged software from Couchbase, Inc. in both enterprise and community editions.
Couchbase is a leading provider of NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project. Couchbase Server, the company’s flagship product, is a NoSQL document-oriented database with production deployments at AOL, Cisco, Concur, LinkedIn, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Shuffle Master, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. It is particularly well suited for web and mobile applications, providing easy scalability, consistent high performance, 24x365 availability, and a flexible data model for ease of development. Couchbase is headquartered in Silicon Valley, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com
LEWIS PR for Couchbase