Performance issue on Windows platform. Couchbase2.5.1
We've installed latest version (2.5.1) of Couchbase on Windows platfrom.
Our configuration is:
1) Couchbase Server 2.5.1 Enterprise Edition 64bit
2) Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
3) Intel Xeon CPU E5-2403 @1.80Ghz RAM 16GB
4) One couchbase databucket created
4) Database is empty
The CPU usage is very high (we monitored memcached.exe, erl.exe, sigar_port.exe). We found out simiral posts on this issue http://www.couchbase.com/communities/q-and-a/performance-issue-windows-p.... Is it common behavior? How can we deal wtih it?
Thanks for the logs. I will take a look at the logs today and post back my thoughts.
could you do a cbcollecinfo on one of the nodes that is having these spikes and share that with me?
Hi there Mariya, A few questions.
- Could you elaborate on what you consider very high for CPU utilization.
- Does empty database mean you also have no workload hitting couchbase - so ops/sec is 0?
There is some level of 'polling' that happen across processes so even under no load we do consume some amount of CPU but like to understand more before we open an issue on this.