.Net Client GetView not working

Hello All,

I am running couchbase on windows 7 and have created my first view. The details are as follows:

Map Function:

function (doc, meta) {
  if (doc.type && doc.type == "UserWebsiteProperties" && doc.keywords) {    
     emit(doc.url, null);
  }
}

When I query the view through the REST API I get the expected results:

{"total_rows":2,"rows":[
{"id":"stephen","key":"http://google.com","value":null},
{"id":"stephen1","key":"http://www.yahoo.com","value":null}
]
}

However, when I try and query the view through the .Net library I keep getting the following error(this is in a WCF service):

 var view = client.GetView("_design/keywords", "keywords");

Message: Query failed for view keywords in design document _design/keywords

Reason: attachments not supported in Couchbase

Stacktrace: at Couchbase.CouchbaseViewHandler.d__0`1.MoveNext()
at SEOServices.Service1.GetAllKeywords() in c:\Users\Stephen\Desktop\SEO\Services\SEO Services\SEOServices\Service1.svc.cs:line 32
at SyncInvokeGetAllKeywords(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)

Please not that adding and getting documents all works as expected. This is really driving my crazy so ANY help would be greatly appreciated. And I am not trying to use any attachments in any way whatsoever.

Thank you kindly,
Stephen

2 Answers

« Back to question.

The problem is here:

var view = client.GetView("_design/keywords", "keywords");

Remove the "_design" and the query will work:

var view = client.GetView("keywords", "keywords");

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. It worked liked a charm :)

Stephen

« Back to question.

sglazer-

That is a bug which will be fixed in 1.3.5 to be released first week of May. Here are more details: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23080118/view-query-returns-count-but...

Note that if you call the overload with urlencode=true you will be up and running: client.GetView("designdoc", "view", true);

Thanks,

Jeff

Thank you very much for the quick response however it seems my issue is different as the one posted seem to return a count whereas mine errors out on that line. I also did try and set the third parameter(urlencode to true) to no avail. Any other suggestions? Waiting until May is very problematic for me.

Stephen

Do you think using another version of the SDK might help? I am currently using version 1.3.4 I am trying to advocate using Couchbase for some production sites at work and telling them we have to wait to weeks because I can't even query a simple view to work will not bode well my my chances of convincing my colleagues to give it a try.

Stephen

sglazer-

Your right, I didn't read your question very well; my apologies :(

This is actually something I haven't seen yet, but this Q&A seems to be similar: http://www.couchbase.com/communities/q-and-a/errorbadrequestreasonattach...

If you can post an example with a couple of documents in a jira ticket: http://www.couchbase.com/issues/browse/NCBC.

I'll debug through it and see what's going on.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I will post all the information to Jira. Thanks again for the help!

Stephen

I have submitted the ticket Jeff. If you have any questions or need any more information please let me know.

Thanks,
Stephen