Couchbase with Wamp server
I don't know where to post it but I hope this saves somebody the trouble of figuring on his own:
Just woudl like to add some indications to get Wamp working with Couchbase.
The couchbase php client for windows fails silently without any indication what might be wrong when trying to run it from Apache/PHP directly. Not a single error in the apache error log.
I presume you succesfully installed the couchbase server (check the web interface!) and
wamp server has been installed correctly.
1. check what client version you needv(32 bits or 64 bits) :
goto localhost and click the phpinfo() link in the tools section (on the default wamp start up page)
if you don't have that anymore just write a php file with <?PHP phpinfo() ;?>
The Architecture field tells you if you need the x86 or the x64 version.
2. download the correct version from the pecl page
The files are in the DLL-list section.
(Note : Check the "PHP Client Library" page if the link above is still up to date:
3. extract the files from the archive you downloaded
4. copy libcouchbase.dll to your windows/system32 folder
5. copy php_couchbase.dll to your php extension folder
(probably : c:/wamp/bin/php/php_your_version/ext)
6. open the php.ini file for Apache :
copy the contents from couchbase.ini to your php.ini file
7. change extension=couchbase.so to extension=libcouchbase.dll
and save it
8. if you use the CLI version of PHP, be aware there is another php.ini
copy the contents from couchbase.ini to this php.ini file
change extension=couchbase.so to extension=libcouchbase.dll
9. restart Apache.
10. Take a look at yout phpinfo output and check if a couchbase section is present.
11. For the php-cli version run 'php -m' from the command line and check if the couchbase module is loaded.
Errors you might see:
Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/couchbase.so'
you forgot to rename the extension in the php.ini file(s)
Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12ext/php_couchbase.dll'
php_couchbase.dll has not been copied correctly to the ext folder or libcouchbase.dll has not been copied to the windows/system32 folder
No answers yet